Monday, September 24, 2007

Hot box testing and Official training begins

Testing the hotbox has been going really well. Although we haven't been able to ski on the skis that have been treated and these are really bad skis anyway. I think it would be difficult to make them worse than they are. I am still a bit apprehensive about putting new skis in the box. We have now had what would appear to be successful treatments at 120F. The key in my mind would be to find waxes that will be absorbed at the lowest possible temperatures. The other factor aside from the wax would be the ski base in question since different manufacturers use different mixes to create their bases, one would expect some skis to absorb wax better at lower temps than others. I am really hoping we can get some early snow (right, good luck) so I can try some older race skis in the box and see the results before we subject any new skis to them. In fact maybe I should try to get an insurance policy first.

Official training starts up this week, 3K tomorrow on the track.

No comments: