Thursday, November 15, 2007

Long Week


Well, it seems like my (and I have to assume everyone's) dreams of riding buffalos and hunting wolves and doing some skiing in West are a wash. As of this morning, we have changed trajectories north instead of west and are traveling to northern Quebec to bone up on our French and hopefully buy some poutine and Nordiques shirts.
The snow looks good, and almost every other college team is planning to be there skiing, so the week should be very productive. We have lost a few and gained a few, but all in all a good trip should be had.
Besides the indecisions and the cursing out of Montana, this week has seen a solid week back from a rest week...for everyone else. Two solid morning lifts left people dozing in 8:30s I'm sure, and last nights track workout under the lights, in the rain, in the cold, looked brutal but beneficial. A couple nice long easy rolls with some specific strentgh on the inbetweens, and some skate intervals tomorrow perhaps if the weather holds out...or a solid game of indoor soccer before we depart early Saturday morning.
I, unfortunately was left on the sidelines this week (just takin a little extra rest week) due to popcorn (and the fact that freak health issues always happen to me). It seems that a tiny piece of kernel got lost in my tonsil...decided to hangout and give me crazy fevers and coughs for a full 5 days. I finally figured out what it was last night, got on some antibiotics, and had the doc in town fish that guy out. Hopefully, skiing is in my future (although I'm getting a little light headed typing this so I might have to take it easy and focus on the gravy french fries the first few days in Canada.)
Happy there's snow somewhere, happy there's only one day of school left, happy we are training well, and unhappy that I will never, ever, eat popcorn again.
I'm sure pics of the white stuff will come from the road.
Cheers.

1 comment:

doreen noyes said...

Maybe it is a good thing you are going to med school wih all you wierd health issues!