Saturday, December 8, 2007

NYSEF opener

We just got back from the NYSEF opener in Lake Placid today. It was a 10K freestyle for everyone. Conditions were quite soft but still great for this time of year.
The big story on the day was Ben Knowles kicking it into high gear with about 2K left and winning the race. This is quite exciting for a guy who has been sidelined the past two years between back injury and mono. I havn't seen results yet but they should be posted on nysef.org by this evening perhaps sooner. Kalie was first for the team on the womens side, close behind 3 or 4 of the Middlebury girls. For our first race this season I am really please with how everyone performed. Sure there were some that weren't really happy with their race but it sounds like these were not fitness related issues so I am not to worried, we can't have our best day everyday and there is plenty of racing still to come.
I hope those reading, the team included can forgive me for not including something about everyone.
As for my race, I think it was reasonable considering my training.

1 comment:

doreen noyes said...

This is looking like an exciting racing season for SLU!

Keep up the hard work.