Monday, January 21, 2008

getting a little better


Like I said going into the weekend I wasn't expecting a huge turnaround. This only happens when you have some key people who are sick or really miss the wax the previous weekend. We simply are just not racing that well right now or we just aren't as good as we though we were. I am going to continue believing in the former of those two possibilities because I know that we have prepared well and worked hard through the fall to continue building on the success of the previous season.
We have two weeks to get things on track. This week will be some really high intensity intervals. Most of the team just needs to find that upper end gear and get into it.
It hasn't been all bad though Kristen has come back ready to race after a semester abroad, and Ben started to show his stuff a little bit on Saturday with a 10th place. I was keeping splits as best I could and from what I have he went from the low 20s to 10th in about 6K of racing, taking around 45sec out of the top of the field. I would also like to give mention to Robin Brooks. Her dryland training has to be almost entirely rollerskiing or biking due to issues with her knees which come November isn't all that pleasant. She kept at it though when I think most would have cited the excuse and bailed. Its paid off and she has been a big impact on our team score.

No comments: