Monday, March 17, 2008

Season wrap up

I felt like I should post something new even though I don't really have anything to exciting to put up. We had several teammates at Junior Nationals in Anchorage some good results for a few of them, nothing extraordinary though. Everyone else is pretty much done racing aside from any random spring citizen races they may go to. The Spring Fling at Craftsbury was a great time.

We are on spring break right now and still have some great skiing at school which is a treat for this time of year. After break we will sit down and start looking at training plans for next year.

I just got back from helping out the New York team at Eastern High School Championships which was tiring but fun and well worth it. It is quite impressive to see how many great skiers there are in the east, sure the field was not nearly as competitive given the overlap with Junior Nationals but still some very exciting racing and talented athletes.

It was also great fun to see how many of my former athletes and teammates were involved in coaching these skiers. Nearly the entire Vermont staff are SLUSKI members graduating over the past 3 years. Knut was helping out with the Massachusetts team and Jeremy Nellis who was on the team in 98 and 99 (fairly sure on those dates) was one of the coaches for Maine (currently Head Coach at Gould).

Things will slow down a bit for me over the next month as I am going have surgery on my feet this coming Thursday. It will not be fun but after recovery it should help a great deal and get me back running more again.

No comments: