Sunday, November 20, 2011

Foret/Stoneham trip day 2

Yesterdays drive was rather uneventful. Freshmen got taste of my typical missed turns and getting turned around but never really lost. I have been lost before and while I missed a couple turns toward the end of the trip I wouldn't consider it being lost at any point.
This morning we possibly could have done some ungroomed skiing at Foret but decided to go with the long trail run from Jaques Cartier Park. It is pretty sweet 2.5-3hr run point to point that finishes at Stoneham. This afternoon I took a drive up to Foret to see for myself and it certainly looks like we can ski a bit there. Yeah its not going to be like Yellowstone is but so be it, I enjoy seeing the freshmen figure out how to get milk out of a 1 liter plastic bag and into a small pitcher without making a mess.
At Foret they currently have about 4-5inches of somewhat wet snow that should dry and freeze up a bit tonight. They could probably roll some of their trails but havn't yet. Anyway tomorrow we will try skiing on some of the roads and if they groom then all the better.

No comments: