Friday, September 28, 2018

Introducing JORDI!

 


Hi there everyone!
My name is Jordi Kulis (Jordan #3… crazy stuff), and I am from Waterbury Vermont. During my high school years, I attended Harwood Union High School in Duxbury, VT. During my time at Harwood, I was on the cross country team, the nordic team, as well as the lacrosse team.

Over the past four years, I have also been a member of the Craftsbury Junior Racing Team, which trains out of the Craftsbury Outdoor Center in Craftsbury, VT (loots of Craftsbury in that sentence). One of my favorite summer workouts was when we went for a 50k distance rollerski from Island Pond, VT to the Canadian Boarder and back. I love spending time bonding with people over a good OD day, whether it’s on the road or on snow.

This summer, I took on living at a summer camp called Hosmer Point. Camp was about a 10 minute bike ride from my training center, and I worked with the Sapling program, which was a day camp 4-8 years olds. I trained by myself whenever I could, which mainly met waking up early to fit in one part of the training, and then leaving as soon as I could in the afternoon to fit in the second piece (shoutout to my coaches for waking up at 6:00 AM to do strength with me). I learned that threatening to play the song Wannabe by the Spice Girls can get a group of kids to clean a messy cabin in less than 2 minutes, and that 5 year olds can run around a pump track for a good hour without the slightest sign of exhaustion. 
The first few weeks of school have been amazing! The team has been so kind and welcoming, and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. My favorite part of training so far has been going on distance rollerskis and catching up on how everyone’s day is going. I’m looking forward to seeing what the ski season holds, and I can’t wait to compete alongside my new teammates. Go Saints!

No comments: