Thursday, April 1, 2021

NCAA Post #3

Recap from George Gowdy '23:

I think going into the races I had very few expectations. I tried to keep my head clear and just focus on racing hard, taking a step back from school and everything else. On Monday, we skied some intervals at Great Glen; honestly, it was the best ski of the season! Looking up at the Presidential Range, I thought about how crazy it was to be racing in NH, my skiing had truly come full circle, all the work had brought me back to my home state. We were there mainly because of how the pandemic had affected skiing in the EISA; but when life gave us lemons, we raced NCAA’s! 


George racing strong at NCAA's

NCAA crew getting hyped before departure!


Overall, our goal was to put our best foot forward and race hard. This paid off in the 10K, which felt pretty solid. I would say the 20K was the best race I have had in a long time! I stayed positive and just kept holding on! It was a special week for all of us, the seniors finished four years of hard work, Charlie and I got a taste of what’s to come, and Steph positioned herself for a strong season next year. I hope the next few years will see more skiers from SLU earning spots at NCAA’s, but we have a lot of work ahead of us. But if these past few months have taught us anything, change can hit like a cargo ship in the Suez Canal.  

 

Thanks for an unbelievable season everybody, 

Greg (George)

No comments: