Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Robin Brooks '08


Hey Everyone! I hope you're all getting ready to get back to SLU and start fall training with the team. Well, at least I'm excited to train with other people again. Due to my job as a Wilderness Ranger, I haven't been able to do much ski specific training. However, I'm out in the backcountry four days a week hiking anywhere from 5 to 18 miles a day with a 50some pound pack. I'd like to think that I in great hiking shape at least! It's been wonderful to hike in the Cascades again, I wish you all could come out and see them, the hills of the east just can't compare.
On my days off I'm sick of hiking so I've been getting out on my bike and roller skis. One way that Canton beats Snoqualmie/Cle Elum is in roller skiing opportunities, I am looking forward to our North Country roads. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

No comments: