Sunday, October 8, 2017

Skier of Terko joins SLU

By: Ben Carnahan '21

Hi,
My name is Ben Carnahan, and I am currently a First Year on the St. Lawrence Nordic Team! I’m originally from Williston Vermont, a small town right next to Burlington. Back in VT, I skied for Mansfield Nordic Club, and had a SLU ;) of great coaches, Rick Costanza, Tim Weston, and my last few years with Adam Terko (A former SLU skier and assistant coach). 
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
Skiing for Mansfield

If I’m not skiing, I’m usually playing Ultimate Frisbee, Sailing, Road Biking, or eating. My favorite food is hands down Mac & Cheese; the most unique thing I have ever eaten were fired crickets, and the unhealthiest was a donut burger (the donut was the bun)! I live by the motto: it’s only stupid if it doesn’t work. It has been a little over a month since I have arrived here at SLU, and so far it has been nothing but amazing. Training here has proven much more difficult than back in VT, but I’m somehow able to keep up. I can’t wait for what can only be an amazing racing season!


-Ben Carnahan '21

No comments: