Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Little Jarvinen Reports

By George Jarvinen '21

Hi all,
My name is George Jarvinen (younger brother of former SLU skier Henry), and I am a first-year here at SLU.  I am from Minneapolis, MN, where I skied for Loppet Nordic Racing under the coaching of Piotr Bednarski and Chris Harvey.  This summer I had the opportunity to go to training camps far away from home, including to Truckee, CA, where I got to meet fellow first-year, Ryland Belisle.
Apart from skiing, I enjoy playing sports that I am bad at, such as soccer and basketball, and I also like reading.  I am planning on following in Matt Young’s footsteps by being a math major or maybe a math-economics double major.

While in the beginning of this school year a lot of the team was sick, (including myself) we are mostly all healthy now and just in time for the St. Regis Hill Climb TT, in which Lucy Hochschartner beat the previous record by over a minute!!
Happy Birthday, Lucy! (Monday, 30th)
A couple of photos from yesterday’s uphill running TT. Another record fell, this time to @lucy.hoch #upupup #altitudesickness
Lucy finishing her record setting hill climb!
But by far the most fun we had this week was on Sunday, when we did a two-hour OD skate ski in the pouring rain.  I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t think anyone on that ski would have rather been elsewhere.
Tough one out there today. 3hrs, 40 degrees, and heavy rain. #cantstopwontstop
Boys in the rain
-George

No comments: