Thursday, October 25, 2018

Meet the rest of the first-year boys!

Hi my guys!


My name is Ian “tickle me” Thompson, I’m from Honeoye Falls, NY and I’m a freshman on the ski team this year! When I’m not skiing you can usually find me sick in my bed crying, watching Netflix in my favorite socks! My other favorite activity is playing with my kitty kat Moe and my friends on the team! I started skiing when I went on a trip to Norway when I was a wee lad. It was there where I fell in love with the sport. In high school I was kind of a big deal. I was in French Honor Society, and I was nominated for cutest happiest guy. My skiing accomplishments are too long to include on this post, but just know I’m kind of a big deal.

Something really important to me is the movie Moana. I sing the songs everyday when I walk to class, I mean who couldn’t??? Moana is so cute too, I wish she were real because I would totally date her! I hope she likes older guys ;)


Well… I’m looking forward to winter!


    






Howdy howdy,
I’m Graham Branch from Bozeman, Montana. Bozeman was an incredible place to be raised, and it molded me into the fun loving and smiley person I am today. I was born in the town of Lawrence, Kansas on the night of December 13th, a cold and gloomy day. To be honest, I don’t really remember if it was gloomy, I was quite young.

From a very young age I was so fascinated by overalls. They are just so practical, comfortable, fashionable, and they have lots of pockets to keep fun stuff like bubblegum and snacks. I have a yet to be let down by the timeless classic that are my brown Carhartt coveralls.  




I also take oral hygiene very seriously. I brush twice daily with my Phillips Sonicare toothbrush. I love how it is “Tough on plaque but easy on gums” and “takes up to 62,000 motions per minute.” Over the dental hygienist’s suggested 2 minutes that is 124,000 movements!!!! Unfortunately, because many toothpaste producers use sodium laurel sulfates in there oral products, and because I am allergic to that chemical, I have to have my mom ship me tubes of “Jason’s Power Smile," so that I don’t get cold sores.


One of my favorite things is cheese. I am so fascinated by how it is made and am so shocked by how many different flavors and textures can be created just through subtle differences in the culture and aging process.  In the summer I can often be found in a pretty field of wildflowers eating fine cheeses, contemplating my insignificance in the universe and how every breath I take is simply another breath closer to my last. Some days, if I’m bringing a special guest, I may even add an assortment of charcuterie to my basket.

I know what you’re all thinking, not whether or not I am single (even though I am), but what tips I have for someone looking to get into Latin ballroom dancing? Yes, the rumors are true, I was a Latin ballroom dancer through much of middle and high school, and I do have some tips for and aspiring dancer. Firstly, stop! Latin dancing is my thing and you have no right to try and steal my attention, for I live off of the dreams of those who wish they could be me.

-Graham

Hello, My name is Lauchlan Cheney-Seymour, and I am from the Lake Placid region of upstate New York. I have been doing nordic skiing for as long as I can remember and has always been a large part of my life. I have trained in many places so far in my career such as Park City, Utah, Lake Placid, and Caribou, Maine. I was part of a travel team (NYSEF) through high school and competed at two Junior Nationals as well as World Junior Trials for biathlon. I hope to continue getting faster as I train here at St. Lawrence and continue doing what in love.
-Lauchie




No comments: