Monday, September 9, 2019

A New Year and New Faces!

We've been back at school for a couple weeks now, and it has been great to get back into training! We had an intensity week our first full week back and then had a recovery week. We were only at half strength last week, as the stomach bug took over SLU, but those of us that were healthy still crushed the Alumni XC/Run4Ryan race! Thanks to the cross country teams for having us. Here are some great photos. In other news, its been the usual captains' practice and intense games of speedball. Lastly, congratulations to Brian on getting named to NTG!!! So amazing. Now, it's time to get to know our awesome new teammates! Today, hear from Charlie and keep an eye out for more coming soon :) - Lucy
On every day we wear neon



Hey friends,
I am Charlie Reinhardt, and I am a freshman on the St. Lawrence Nordic Ski Team! I am from the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota (Spring Park, MN, to be specific). Throughout high school, I ran cross country in the fall and nordic skied in the winter. I also dabbled in Track & Field and Tennis, but not enough to consider myself well-versed in the complexities of their respective lifestyles. Aside from skiing, I really like science, math, and making myself look stupid. Pictured below is a beautiful combination of those three passions at a high school physics field trip to our local amusement park. Worth noting is that upon posting this picture on Instagram, I almost got recruited to be a social media ambassador for a random clothing brand. The business deal only fell through once they stole all my money, and I realized it was a fake offer they used to scam people on the internet.

Thus far, I have had a blast being on the SLU ski team. It has been really cool to meet and train hard with such a fun and motivated group of people. The training has been amazing: nice weather and surprisingly good roads for roller skiing has made for a great first two weeks of captain’s practice! I am looking forward to skiing fast, hopping on the Dana Train, and avoiding the flu with the team this upcoming fall and winter!

Your new friend,
Charlie Reinhardt

No comments: