Friday, September 13, 2019

Confused Concord from Cameron and Robyn from Canada!


Howdy new friends!

My name is Cameron or Cam, sometimes people also call me Simon! I hail from 43.2081°N, 71.5376°W. For those of you that are geographically challenged that is approximately 238,900 miles from the moon (About once every 24 hours). I have been skiing since I was in seventh grade, and I am supper excited to be continuing my ski career at Saint Lawrence. When I am not skiing or desperately trying not to pass out during a run then you can find me passed out on my bed or actively procrastinating on anything and everything that I possibly can!

Since arriving at SLU, I have had some great training sessions with the team. At one of these practices I learned that my spirit animal is a deer. But deer are typically pretty fast, and I am more along the lines of like moderately ok. So thus, I am more of a slow deer. To help you better understand you should picture a deer in the woods. That’s me! You can also look at the picture of young me for reference. (image credit: @calvincorperated)

A firm belief of mine is that the plural of moose should be meese. The singular of goose is goose and the plural of goose is geese. The singular of moose is moose and the plural of moose is also moose?! NO! This should not be. The singular of moose is moose and the Plural of moose should be meese. It just makes sense.

In high school I took three years of Latin. Looking back on it I am not entirely sure why I thought a dead language would be a good idea, but I can now comprehend the phrase “volo tu et cadit in piscinam”. Which roughly translates to “I wish for you to fall into the fishpond.” but it is missing the accents mostly because I don’t know how to add them on computer and partly because I have no idea where they go.

Now until we meet again please keep an eye out for slow deer and regular speed meese. Don’t hit them with your car.
Toodles,
Cameron Brochu


Hello! My name is Robyn McIntosh and I am from Chelsea, Quebec. Chelsea is 15 minutes north of Ottawa and right in the Gatineau Park, which is nationally known for its numerous hiking and skiing trails. Thankfully, growing up in the Gatineau Park, I started skiing when I was 2 years old and racing with my local club, Chelsea Nordic, when I was 6 until I was 16. Then I went to Dublin School and skied with the school’s nordic team and the club team. Dublin School was great! I met GH and going to high school in the United States led me to St. Lawrence.


My first year at St. Lawrence I took the season off of skiing, but during the winter I realized I was bored and missed skiing, so I talked to ETown and became a part of the team! This summer I trained hard by myself to get back into skiing shape. So far being back on campus has been so much fun! Although my IT band has limited me from doing all the captains' practices, the ones I have been to have been a lot of fun, and I am super pumped to be training with teammates again! I am not used to rollerskiing on the roads with cars, so that has been an adjustment, but I’m excited for the snow and to ski and explore new trails. I am looking forward to the upcoming season!

No comments: