Friday, October 4, 2019

Meet Jaden!

Hello friends!

My name is Jaden Phillips; I was born in Burlington, Vermont and grew up in Evergreen Colorado. This will be my first year on the SLU nordic team, and I started off this fall running cross country. I am a freshman here at SLU and am super excited to be a part of the team. Growing up, I spent my summers enjoying the ocean and racing 420s on the coast of Maine. In high school I played lacrosse, ran cross country and track, and skied.


Also, growing up in Colorado my family went out and adventured whenever possible, whether it be backpacking to hot springs in Conundrum or seeing how many days we could get downhill skiing. Every weekend, we went to find a new fun thing to do. On breaks we would find a fun new place and activity to do. Sometimes it would be mountain biking in Moab, Utah, or canyoneering in Corsica, France. Needless to say, if anyone is ever looking to go do something fun and new let me know! Over this past summer I worked as a sailing instructor at Dillon Marina, where we always had to hope the weather didn’t turn bad within seconds. Microbursts were always unpredictable, and as soon as they hit all of the young children would be in the water screaming. When I wasn’t at work, I was either training with Summit Nordic Ski Club, or driving the hour commute.


The transition to living in New York has been all exciting and good except for the humidity and heat. Coming from the dry weather of Colorado has been sweaty.

No comments: