Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Jelley from Vermont!




Hey everyone! My name’s Natalie Jelley and I’m from Bennington, Vermont (South Western). This summer I spent most of my time working three different jobs, but I was able to find a balance, so I could fit in some good training! I worked on a farm most of the time but when I wasn’t there, I was able to help with the BKL summer camp at Stratton Mountain which was lots of fun! I also did a lot of distance training at my home mountain, Prospect Mountain, or roller skiing around Stratton.

During the school year at home, I was on the XC running and lacrosse teams and of course the Nordic team... My high school team had around fifty kids, including middle schoolers, so the transition to a smaller environment with some more motivated skiers has been great! Another thing I focused a lot on this past year has been my art work. I love to draw and paint, and I’m really hoping to have the chance at getting into an art class that really interests me for next semester. I’m really excited to start figuring out what I’d like to do in the future!


So far I’ve loved all of my classes and all of the training we’ve been doing. I’m so excited for the snow to fall! -  Natalie
I'd like to add that Natalie always has the COOLEST sneakers - Lucy

That's it for introductions from our new folks – I hope you've loved reading about them as much as we love having them around. They have brought a totally new energy to the team that has definitely powered me through the fall. Keep an eye out for them this winter! They are Natalie, Jaden, Meg, Robyn, Kai, Cam, and Charlie. Coming back we have... Seniors: Lucy, Kate, Jackie, and Emily. Juniors: Gabby, Jordan (who has been living it up in France all fall except for a brief and wonderful surprise visit to see us at Thanksgiving camp!), Ben, Matt, and Tim. Sophomores: Jordi, Steph, Brian, Ian, and Graham (our newly minted Men's team captain!). Thank you so much for supporting our training all fall and be on the look out for more news from Thanksgiving camp and our races in Canada this weekend. It has all been a blast, probably my best fall at SLU yet! - Lucy

No comments: