Thursday, September 17, 2020

Awesome Aloha from Amanda!

Hello!


My name is Amanda Vansant and I’m from Holderness, New Hampshire. I’m a first-year on the team and it’s been so fun to get to know the half of the team that is on campus! I began skiing with the Bill Koch program when I was quite young… legend has it, I didn’t like racing much back then. I guess I grew into the whole racing thing though, and I raced for the Holderness Nordic Club all through middle school and high school. Throughout my years in high schoo,l I did soccer, track & field, lacrosse and most excitingly mountain biking. Big fan of that! 



Some fun facts about me are that I can speak in fluent pig Latin; I thinking exploring ~the great outdoors~ is pretty neat; I love to laugh at my own jokes, and I drive a smexy 2008 prius named Sheila. I was cruising looking at FY intros from past years and saw that Cam feels very strongly in regard to the plural of Moose. Although I too feel strongly about that, I would also like to pose the idea that the plural of Prius is Prii [pree-eye]. Just food for thought. I also thoroughly enjoy ski cross events as well as slamming into the ground after attempting 360’s off jumps. 


Some goals for the year include actually having a race season, not getting COVID, and havin’ some good ole fashion fun! 



Glitter = speed

Peace out,

Amanda 


No comments: