Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hi all!

I hope you have had a great summer so far. While my training has been going pretty well, I have found that it has fallen into a steady state of "blah" at this point. So after my final triathlon this weekend, my first Olympic distance-ahh!, I'm going to try to settle in and make the most of my last few weeks of summer before I head to school.

While I followed the Tour de France religiously for the last month, I am now putting in some time at work to wrap up my internship and also to teach the woman in China, who will continue with my work, how to do everything. Maybe she can give me some inside scoop on the Olympics...

I have been busy otherwise balancing my family's attempt at short summer vacation trips, getting in my training hours, and also have kept my schedule full of races. While I am only 'tapering' for 1-2 races this summer, I sadly have come to rely on the race setting to really get my heart rate up. But also love the socializing that comes after, it has been great to see so many SLU skiers and students at these races!

We took a family vacation to Cape Cod for a long weekend where I ran, rollerskied and biked on the bike path and roads along the coast. The workouts were fun, although I got SO many comments when rollerskiing consisting of a sickening number of "you go girls" and including my personal favorite, which comes with strong New Yorker accent, "You're gonna have shoulders like a gorilla after doing that!" Regardless the beaches were heavenly, the food was great and Provincetown never fails to entertain.

It was great to meet some of the new Vermonters at the BBQ, and I will be meeting the rest of you entirely too soon...no offense. Enjoy the rest of your summer, have fun, and feel free to shoot me questions!

Kristen

No comments: