Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wooly in Mammoth


I received this from Eric Wolcott today.

What up folks. Well it's been nearly two months since we left school. In that shortperiod of time, summer has been treating me real well. I spent two weeks at home just
chilling with friends and family. I basically slept, ate, played with my dog, and rep'ed
the Celtics. On May 26th however I began my trek cross country. A friend and I drove from
Concord, NH to Park City, UT in 42 hours, 36 of those was actual driving time. We spent the next five days hanging out enjoying the P.C. lifestyle. To say the least it was a little different. After a second friend who came down from Montana met up with us, we packed up the car and finished our trip to Mammoth, California. The sense of excitement that came with a journey like this is amazing and when we finally arrived, we spent much of the first few days in shock and awe. The area which we live in is incredible. The house that I am staying at is situated at about 8000 feet, if i look out my window all i see around me are crystal clear lakes and snowcapped mountains. In the four weeks we've been here it's been a consistent 75 to 80 degree temp during the day. In this same period it's rained all of five minutes. But enough about the travels and landscape. Now that I no longer am focused on soccer, I've been able to get in some amazing
training. With access to awesome roads, endless trails and huge mountains I've been able to do all sorts of stuff. Just last week alone I rollerskied, road, singletrack, downhill biked, ran and swam in a lake at 11,000 feet with a wetsuit on. Basically it's absurd what the possibilities are out here. Well that about wraps it up for me. Some closing thoughts though, spend this weekend shooting off fireworks, wearing an American flag on your shoulders and enjoying an ice cold Country Club. 1.

P.S.-The photos are of a slide I descended, before and after.

No comments: