Thursday, November 5, 2009

Going Fast

A short clip from a sprint work out today. This was toward the end of 3 sets of 6 x 30sec. I am impressed in the ability that most on the team have to go really fast on rollerskis. It is considerably, like night and day, faster than the sprinting speed that I had on rollerskis when in college even as a fairly decent college skier myself, a little over ten years ago. I think the anty is always getting upped as to the level of speed training that can be done on rollerskis. There were no crashes and no broken poles during this workout and everytime was a full out sprint.
Ability on rollerskis is something that I have been stressing to the team for the past couple of years now since it is rather hard to work at being forward and aggressive with your technique if you don't have the skill and confidence on rollerskis. I think all the junior clubs and programs are helping a great deal with this as we continue to see an ever higher skill level of the athletes when they enter college.

No comments: