Monday, November 23, 2009

UP continued

I figured I would just continue along Adam's line for what is going on up in Canada. Well we were not expecting much snow and that is what we got, not much snow. So day one was an excellent 2.5hr trail run from Jaques Cartier Park through the woods and over a river back to Stoneham. Actually for not having a map this was probably one of my luckiest calls ever. At one point I said we could be about 10minutes away or we could be out here for 5 hours, I am really not sure.

Foret has skiing a reasonable 500meter loop that was okay for an easy skate in the morning. For the afternoon I decided we needed to hit it hard while everyone was still fairly well rested. The housing boom in Stoneham aided this effort by providing a rather quiet 1mile climb up into the mountain amongst several houses and then finishing on some new pavement and a building lot that will make someone a fine mountain home. An absolutely excellent workout that got the thumbs up from the residents who started watching our crazy workout that involved shuttling the team back down after every interval.

Hopefully Foret will have a little more terrain tomorrow for a couple of easier sessions on snow, if not we will do a ski in the am and a roll in the afternoon.

Well I have some pics but for some reason I can't get them to upload. Figures I also just found out I forgot a necessary cable for watching the video I took of the intervals.

Training is great though.




No comments: