Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Seven Springs resort and spa

Well the resort and spa part never seem to work out but we did have an excellent ski walking and bounding interval day. This was the start of what is planned to be one of our most demanding training weeks of the fall. As a college coach I have found that timing these weeks with the academic schedule is key. Its unlikely that everyone on the team will feel great all week but hopefully most will be physically well rested from Midsemester break and through their first big onslaught of academic work. From about this point on though I tend to focus a bit more on our intensity rather than the overall volume. The reason being that the time demands of quality intensity are less than that of high volume. You need to be realistic in a college setting and work with what you have rather than worry about what others are doing. With the temperatures dropping I think we are all fantasizing about getting on snow. Its happened before in October but I am not holding my breath. As great as it is for them I am rather sick of seeing the pictures from out West and Alaska of already being on snow. Good for them but quit rubbing it in. Of course I would do the same if we were on snow right now.

No comments: