Monday, September 25, 2017

Gabby's Report


By Gabby Wangler '21
Hi all!

My name is Gabrielle (Gabby) Wangler! I am a freshman and I reside from Honeoye Falls, New York. I am a triplet with one sister at St. Bonaventure University and the other sister attending Clarkson University (who is also Nordic skiing for them!). I was first introduced to Nordic skiing as a freshman and raced with my high school team, HFL Nordic, as well as a summer training program RNR (Rochester Nordic Racing).
This summer, I worked as a lifeguard at a local pool teaching swim lessons; aka putting band aids on scraped knees and yelling at speedsters to slow down…Just kidding!! It was a great experience working with kids and some great coworkers. My summer training mostly revolved around this, as it was pretty time consuming, and included running, rollerskiing, biking and swimming. My highlights had to be cycling with my dad (which I just picked up this summer…so cool!) and long runs on our family’s vacation on Martha’s Vineyard. The ocean views and the beautiful weather made it very enjoyable!

Jordan #2 and I on a sunny ski!
View from the trails at Higley State Park

Skiing with Dana, our Captain!
These past two weeks have been captain’s practices, and we’ve been to some pretty neat places. Although the pavement may not be in the best condition, the locations definitely are! The foliage is just starting to turn up here, so we’re all praying for colder weather to follow instead of more summer heat. The team is a mix of half upperclassmen and the other half all freshmen, and it’s been great training with such a dedicated group of skiers. Just like them, I can’t wait for this season to start! Here we go Saints!

See you on the trails, Gabby ‘21

No comments: