Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Jordan's Successful Summer and First Week of Practice

By Jordan Schuster '21
                                        
Hi Everyone!
My name is Jordan Schuster and I’m from Deephaven, Minnesota, where I live with my mom, dad, younger brother, and 2 sweet dogs.  Before coming to SLU, I went to Minnetonka High School and trained with the Loppet Nordic Racing team out of the Minneapolis area.  I didn’t start skiing until my freshman year so I am very excited to continue developing as a skier and competitor over these next 4 years.  
Jordan Schuster '21
This summer I spent most of my time training, traveling, nannying 3 awesome kids, and working on the race committee at the Minnetonka Yacht Club.  A couple highlights from my summer include a trail running training camp in the Black Hills, South Dakota with LNR, as well as learning how to wake surf while spending a week in northern Michigan with my family.  A lot of time was spent out on the lake, so I’d say it was a successful summer!  
Summer trail running!
Out on the water!
Learning how to wake surf was so fun.
This first week of practice I really enjoyed exploring the wooded running trails by campus and learning my way around our rollerski workouts, but I can’t wait for winter to hit so we can get off the asphalt and onto some real snow :)

Peace, Jordan (#2)

No comments: