Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Skier of Two States


By Nathaniel Perkins '21

Hi, my name is Nathaniel Perkins. I am a freshman here at SLU. When not at school, I reside in Concord, MA, also known as the "land of poor roller skiing". However, I am lucky enough to do most of my summer training in Dartmouth, MA. 
I spent my high school years at Proctor Academy in Andover, NH. Proctor was lucky enough to not only boast great coaches, (yes, I am talking to you Sean Woods) but also about an exceptional ski area with FIS homologation and snow making right on campus.  My time so far at SLU has been awesome; the team works really hard. OD days have been the best, unless it involves running in which case no, thank you. My favorite color is blue and my favorite T.V. channel is for sure the Oprah Winfrey Network, because, why not? I enjoy country music a lot, and I dabble with basically everything else. I drive a Toyota Highlander and yes, I have slept on the roof. I also leave it unlocked, so if you see it in the parking lot, take what you need. A highlight of my career was definitely skiing with pro skier Sean Woods on the Proctor trails. That guy is the real deal folks; hit him up on Instagram: @swoods2.
In the summer, I interned for a realtor, and I gained some great job experience. I fit in my training around that and felt pretty strong. Since I have been at SLU, I already have gained some great memories. I hope we head into the carnival season strong and get some good results. These kids seem to know how it’s done. Here We Go Saints!
-Nathaniel '21

No comments: