Sunday, June 1, 2008

And so it begins

Hey SLU SKI!

I hope everyone has had a great summer so far! I can't believe it is already June! I stuck around after exams to work for Student Life during senior week (set up and clean up...) which was exhausting but fun. Congrats to our new alums Kalie, Robin, Tyler, Hunter and Isaac! We knew you could do it! :)

From what I have heard it sounds like SLU skiers have been off to a great start on the summer training. Last I knew Libby was hiking for at least a week in the Adirondacks, Ben successfully biked home from SLU to Maine in two days (craziness) and rookie Caroline Carpenter, among many other skiers including myself, participated in the Burlington City Marathon! My roommate Lauren, on left, came to do the race with me and friend, Zoe also did half. Kalie did the whole thing in under 4 hours, a SLU skier was on the winning teams for the women’s and men’s two-person divisions! All in all, the weather was beautiful, the fans (many SLU SKI alums!) were awesome and it was a great weekend for SLU.

I broke out my rollerskis for the first time this past week (ouch) and will hopefully get my training routine going this week, after starting my summer job at IBM tomorrow (ah!). While the last two weeks of running errands with my mom have been fun...it will be great to get some routine in my life. It certainly helps that I have worked at IBM before and that they are super flexible with scheduling so hopefully I will be able to get my workouts in at some point...

I'm currently finishing up my training for the Tinman Triathlon in Tupper Lake at the end of June, and am getting ready for my host parents from Denmark to come visit me in Vermont in the next few weeks! As always, this summer is flying by...

I would love to hear how everyone else is doing...as I sit in my heavily air conditioned cubicle and try not to die of boredom...so send me or Ethan an update of your summer so we can post in the blog! Good luck and keep up the good work!

No comments: